Polar Vortex got you craving sweets? Sooth your sweet tooth with this easy fudge recipe! They taste just like Reese’s Cups!
With the holiday season- and winter break- wrapping up, I’ve found myself with too few workout sessions and too many leftovers! I’ve really been into baking and cooking lately, and experimentation has been a part of the fun.
I whipped up a batch of apple dumplings for Christmas, and whilst searching for a mid-day snack I ran into a lifeless bag of leftover powdered sugar and chocolate chips. I had no choice but to resuscitate them back to life.
As a baking rookie, there is not much I can do without wincing, second-guessing or -typically- injuring myself. In need of something quick and easy- something to take my mind off the below zero temperatures- I came across a fudge recipe on the back of a brown-sugar packet.
“That looks doable- kinda” Was my first thought.
The recipe was for chocolate fudge; but I was in the mood for something a little more… exotic.
Who am I kidding. I just substituted the chocolate for peanut butter, mainly because I don’t own baking chocolate.
To my surprise, the fudge was amazing! It has a smooth, melt-in-your-mouth texture – exactly like Reese’s cups.
Here’s the recipes I used! Hope you enjoy it! Feel free to add other ingredients and share your recipes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge ( makes 1 8×8 pan)
- 2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 3/4 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Salted or Non-Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
Read, Set, Bake!
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in milk and brown sugar. Stir frequently.
- Bring to a boil ( large bubbles should begin to form) and boil for 2 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and add confectioner’s sugar.
- Beat ( I used an electric mixer) until smooth.
- Pour contents into 8×8 dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 45 min-1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30-45 intervals until chocolate chips have melted.
- Pour and spread onto fudge.
- Chill for another 30-45 min.